A&H

New App that people may enjoy

Alastair Hill

Hi guys, first time post here so apologies if this is in the wrong place!

Just wanted to draw your attention to a developing real-time football app that focuses on refereeing decisions in-play. I've played a couple of matches on it and seems like it would be good and fun for referees (budding and professional!) that want to keep on top of their skills while watching certain games.

What happens is you watch a match and when decisions happen a question pops up. You then have to decide what the correct decision would be ie was that a foul? Yes - no card/yes - yellow card/no etc. It's in its developmental stage so would love as many testers/feedback as possible to make it as good as it can be. If anything it's shown to me how tough it is to make quick decisions!

You can download it from here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/be-the-ref/id1033583680?mt=8 and it's twitter handle is @BeTheRefApp. They're rolling it out for the Capital One Cup Final this Sunday, so if anyone fancied playing the game then that would be a good place to start!

Anyway, just thought I'd share with everyone.

P.S. Sounds like I work for them! I don't, but found it on twitter and thought this website might enjoy it.

The Referee Store
I didn't like it personally. I had a go yesterday, soon got bored.

Back