A&H

never had that before

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
Introduced myself to the away manager,he said to me"i'll give you team sheet as soon as I can"however at the end of the match and he was walking to his car I said to him"team sheet please"he said "well I've never had that before,you're the first ref to ask for a team sheet this season" I said "well,I'm the first then".

The Referee Store
Just checking I've read it right.

He said he would give you the team sheets. Then said he's never done team sheets before? :)

Yeah,away manager said he was waiting for another player to turn up,if he did he woud play and he would put his name on the team sheet if he turned up,reading between the lines he thought i wasn't going to ask for the team sheet.... he was well shocked when i went after him and asked for the team sheet as he was about to get in his car....he said i was the second referee all season to ask for a team sheet.... i told him it was compulsory to provide a team sheet and i have to sign it.........

Ah right, I see now. If it's compulsory and written in the league rules then I'm surprised that he's surprised to be asked for them.

My league rules state I have to have 2 copies of the sheets in my hand before kick off. One for me and the other for the opposition. If they dont give me them we dont start.

Our rules also say team sheets before kick off, i was being a bit lenient because he said he was waiting for a player to arrive as he wasn't even sure he would turn up ,and i put myself in the position of confronting him in the car park.... so now team sheets before kick off or no kick off......

On my Saturday league I won't kick off until I've had both team sheets for 10 minutes. Pointless doing it post match! Just gives us a bit of paper to hold onto for a week. Or in my case end up in the bottom of my bag screwed up and muddy with the rest of em!

Back