A&H

Ned v Swe - ref awareness

es1

RefChat Addict
Incident in the last 10 kins...keeper catches a corner and immediately runs to the edge of the box to kick down field. Ref gets sprinting anticipating the ball going long however an attacker clearly and obviously moves in to the keepers path to block the kick, ref is totally unsighted sprinting the other way.

Happily nowt happens (restarts with a goal kick from the block) but surely a basic bit of awareness from the ref. Keep your eyes on the ball/keeper otherwise you're screwed if something happens. Neither AR or 4th got involved.

A&H International
Incident in the last 10 kins...keeper catches a corner and immediately runs to the edge of the box to kick down field. Ref gets sprinting anticipating the ball going long however an attacker clearly and obviously moves in to the keepers path to block the kick, ref is totally unsighted sprinting the other way.

Happily nowt happens (restarts with a goal kick from the block) but surely a basic bit of awareness from the ref. Keep your eyes on the ball/keeper otherwise you're screwed if something happens. Neither AR or 4th got involved.
I once did that, turned around to see the ball in the back of the keeper's net! Apparently ball had been bundled out of keeper's hands by the scorer
The joys of learning the hard way! Another village where I won't be getting the keys to the city

Surely this is what the AR and comms is for...

I haven’t seen a clip of the play, but I have seen it suggested elsewhere that the R (or, I suppose, AR) thought the opponent was far enough away that it didn’t interfere wit the GK’s release, but simply intercepted the ball after it was kicked.

Back