A&H

My game this evening....

NewRefBrendan

Haven’t really posted about specifics of a game before, but thought my game tonight was worthy of a post....

Under 18s of a step 4 (white/black) club vs Under 18s of a step 5 (stripes) 1-1 after 15mins, pretty tame first half....

All came to life in the 2nd half! YC white 4 for SPA early in the 2nd, followed by YC for reckless tackle for stripes 2 on 56’. Same stripe committed another reckless tackle (borderline excessive) so he walked for 2xYC on 86’. Small handbags nothing card worthy followed.

Then the real fun.....

90’+1 stripes have a goal ruled out for offside, as an attacker in offside position obstructed GK view. AR (level 5 referee) called me over to clarify if player in offside position was in front of the GK which I confirmed from my view of the incident.... Pandemonium at this point with striped shirts off in the “goal celebration”... goal ruled out for offside. No YC for the shirtless duo as there was no “goal” to celebrate. Was this correct in law not to caution?

White/black team then go up the FOP 90’+3 and win a corner... cross comes in white wins header which flicks on to teammate in offside position who sticks it in the goal, AR (level 4 ref) flag goes up, ruled out.... idfk.... few seconds later full-time... everyone can catch their breath!

No arguments with either offside as AR 1 fully communicated with benches, and myself with both captains on-field.

Best 1-1 I’ve witnessed! Thanks for reading! Any thoughts on the ?caution for goal celebration would be appreciated! Cheers

The Referee Store
Haven’t really posted about specifics of a game before, but thought my game tonight was worthy of a post....

Under 18s of a step 4 (white/black) club vs Under 18s of a step 5 (stripes) 1-1 after 15mins, pretty tame first half....

All came to life in the 2nd half! YC white 4 for SPA early in the 2nd, followed by YC for reckless tackle for stripes 2 on 56’. Same stripe committed another reckless tackle (borderline excessive) so he walked for 2xYC on 86’. Small handbags nothing card worthy followed.

Then the real fun.....

90’+1 stripes have a goal ruled out for offside, as an attacker in offside position obstructed GK view. AR (level 5 referee) called me over to clarify if player in offside position was in front of the GK which I confirmed from my view of the incident.... Pandemonium at this point with striped shirts off in the “goal celebration”... goal ruled out for offside. No YC for the shirtless duo as there was no “goal” to celebrate. Was this correct in law not to caution?

White/black team then go up the FOP 90’+3 and win a corner... cross comes in white wins header which flicks on to teammate in offside position who sticks it in the goal, AR (level 4 ref) flag goes up, ruled out.... idfk.... few seconds later full-time... everyone can catch their breath!

No arguments with either offside as AR 1 fully communicated with benches, and myself with both captains on-field.

Best 1-1 I’ve witnessed! Thanks for reading! Any thoughts on the ?caution for goal celebration would be appreciated! Cheers
Just checked IFAB app.... should’ve cautioned... wasn’t being observed and nobody picked me up on it.... chalk it down to experience!!

You can count you lucky stars for having 2 decent AR's in this game. It could have easily gone pearshaped with less experienced AR's.

Not cautioning the shirtless celebration most probably helped your match control. Even with an assessor sometimes you can sacrifice some marks for the bigger end outcome. But if you think you can keep it under control then a mandatory caution is something you have to give.

Back