A&H

My First Senior Game

Steve Curtis

Got my first senior game today. Not feeling too nervous considering its in quite a high level for a local league game. I'll let you all know how I get on. Good luck to you all today.

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
On one of my first games I forgot my whistle, only realised when I went to blow for skippers to come in. Looked a right twonk as well as the changing rooms were miles away to go get it lol.

I doubt I'll need it for that game, was on the line there today and my god it was dull. Awful standard of football and in no way needing three officials. I think there two offsides all game, I did have to remind the away manager that you can't be offside in your half of the pitch, he was screaming at me and for a split second I even doubted myself lol. But that gives you an idea of what we will face there.

It will be me last game in Wales so let's try to not make it memorable lol.

The away team won but every player moaned about every decision to the point that i was getting annoyed. There must have been 20 foul throws, players going down like they`d been shot & generally behaving like kids not adults. Did enjoy it though & i`m looking forward to doing it all again next week.

Sounds familiar

Hopefully, at the end of the game, you did get a few thank you ref's and perhaps even the odd apology

The away team won but every player moaned about every decision to the point that i was getting annoyed. There must have been 20 foul throws, players going down like they`d been shot & generally behaving like kids not adults. Did enjoy it though & i`m looking forward to doing it all again next week.

Yep. We call that a Sunday morning

I sometimes call that Saturday afternoon. :)

Don't worry mate, you soon learn to filter out most of that nonsense. I find myself shouting "no" a lot when I get the type of game you describe. Sometimes before there is even a claim I am already shouting " no!"

I sometimes call that Saturday afternoon. :)

Don't worry mate, you soon learn to filter out most of that nonsense. I find myself shouting "no" a lot when I get the type of game you describe. Sometimes before there is even a claim I am already shouting " no!"

that one works with my kids as well :rolleyes:

Back