A&H

Movin' on up

haywain

the voice of reason
Level 7 Referee
Last minute switch last night meant saying goodbye to my £32 for refereeing a local West Sussex Football League, Div 3 North game and saying hello to £27 and 2 miles in 45 minutes at the end of the M23 for running the line at a Ryman's Youth League fixture - my biggest to date.

Under floodlights and an official attendance of 52. a good and positive experience.

Best comment of the night when ball clearly went out of play near the far corner and i did my usual trick of 'not sure whose throw, but i'll forget to raise my flag to signal ball out of play'

a player then said 'come on, lino' which led to a pavlovian response of finally signalling the direction of the throw as given by the ref.

a wag in the crowd picked up on this and commented, 'That was a very, very late flag ,linesman'

i so wanted to explain and apologise but settled for a smile instead.

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
I love games under floodlights with a crowd (of sorts in your game).

Gotta love spectator comments. Bless 'em.

Gotta love spectator comments. Bless 'em.

Apart from when they say " that's a f*cking appalling decision, how the f*ck do they let you referee" after a player has committed a high two footed tackle after the referee has blown for a foul and the referee didn't see it so I told him what happened and he sent him off :p

A crowd is great - they always give you lots of helpful advice, particularly with the offsides! ;)

Back