A&H

More kits for US referees

RefIADad

RefChat Addict
I'm very envious of my colleagues across the pond - you guys don't have to ref just to pay for your gear!

The US' Elite College Soccer Referees organization (ECSR) is a group assigning many of our Division I conferences in the United States. These are the major college/university conferences that have many of the large state-supported universities, etc. in them and those who contest the college football and basketball championships shown on TV across the country. Capelli, the company now outfitting MLS referees, has secured a six-year deal to be the exclusive supplier of uniforms and related gear to ECSR officials

This link has the gear, including six colors of shirts and socks. The gear actually looks good, but it's more stuff those who work college matches need to buy.

So for those of you keeping score at home, here is what we have to purchase in the US.

Club soccer (USSF) - Five shirt colors
NISOA (another college organization) - Three shirt colors
ECSR - Three to six shirt colors
Many state high school associations also have different required uniforms. Fortunately, I live in a state where the only requirement is that the referee crew must wear the same color and style of uniform (different sleeve lengths is perfectly acceptable).

The Referee Store
Back