A&H

MNU vs AST

• Thread starter Deleted member 2447
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2447

I feel Pawson was wrong to book Fernandes for the quick free kick in MNU box. The Villa player clearly contravened Law by moving towards the ball after the whistle and is not respecting distance. Poor and I don't know why he did so. Any dissent seemed to be after the card not before.

The Referee Store
Why was he not shown an immediate 2nd yellow for several acts of dissent after the caution?

I thought the yellow card was for the aggression in the kick aimed at the Villa player. Fernandes had no intention of trying to restart the game, he wanted to get the Villa player booked and booted the ball at him. Correct YC imo.

I hear the responses, but encroachment preventing the quick free kick is a growing problem in the EPL and no sanction against the encroacher, whatever the reason for BF's YC was the issue I had.

I hear the responses, but encroachment preventing the quick free kick is a growing problem in the EPL and no sanction against the encroacher, whatever the reason for BF's YC was the issue I had.
Apart from loads of players have been cautioned for it this season, including at least two cautions that were second ones so red cards.

Back