A&H

Misconduct??

dbo5ton

Level 4 Referee
Evening all

Had a county cup gane today. Enjoyed it very one sided. Yellow 7 has a few “moments” in the first half nothing major. 43 mins he has a run in with red 7. I call them both in and to pack it and don’t hear a peep from the for rest of game.
Second half reds get 4 cautions ( 2 trips, reckless play and a c2)

Game ends and in the changing room. Red Secretary comes in and questions the cautions. “I know they are all yellow cards but why did yellow 7 get away with so much”

Yellow 7 didn’t do anything specific for a yellow card but was bordering on persistent infringements but I felt the bollocking worked.

Basically he refused to listen to my explanations and was adamant that yellow 7 should have been booked.
Is there something I should have done/ do as I feel that he was trying to belittle me somehow

The Referee Store
I tend to give the managers, secretaries and so on, the chance to just get it off their chest. I might say stuff like, "I accept your opinion", "I understand your frustrations", "I'll take your feedback on board"; that sort of thing
Essentially saying nothing (not agreeing or disagreeing), but giving them the opportunity to briefly speak. I had something similar today and learned a few bits from the comments

Nope, nothing. You're the referee,you've made your decision and even tried to explain it when asked. If they disagree just say that you will have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. If the worst thing that happened is that a secretary wants a booking for the opposition player then you obviously had a good game.

It was just how he cane in and completely disregarded his own players discipline and told me I wasn’t disciplining to other player

You've probably had and will get alot worse than that no doubt. People gwt irrationally weird about certain things in football, usually about foul throws or goalkeepers supposidily stepping out of their penalty area when kicking the ball out of their hands. He's got a bee in his bonnet over one issue but it's a nothing issue really, an inconsequencal possible yellow card. Hey ho, onto the next one

It was just how he cane in and completely disregarded his own players discipline and told me I wasn’t disciplining to other player
It's mostly nonsense, but we all gripe when our team gets beat

Sounds like ecxellent game management and the right decisions for sanctions to me!

Well done.

Just accept their opinion and don’t get into an argument. The coach is just looking for a chink in your armour!

Curious about the ‘2 trips...’ ?

What was special about them that warranted cautions?

Curious about the ‘2 trips...’ ?

What was special about them that warranted cautions?

Both pretty much identical. Winger skips past full back and full back knows he is beat catches the back leg of the winger as a last attempt to stop the profession of the winger.

Correct. But unfortunately that’s not a dedicated caution term unlike c1 Trip.

Don't get hung up on the semantics. Call it a foul tackle in that case. It wasn't "fair" as the outcome is the stopping of the promising attack. This way you're also avoiding the minefield that is intent ;)

Back