A&H

Mini Soccer Referee Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

OllyChanot

Level 5 Referee
Hi

just received an email from the FA (Worcestershire) and they’re running a mini soccer course. Now obviously not how I wanted to start BUT is it worthwhile?Will I stick out like a sort thumb being 26 and is it paid work same asfull course?
Money isn’t my goal but I wanted to ask :)

The Referee Store
Hi

just received an email from the FA (Worcestershire) and they’re running a mini soccer course. Now obviously not how I wanted to start BUT is it worthwhile?Will I stick out like a sort thumb being 26 and is it paid work same asfull course?

Hardly worth it.

I'm guessing the course is aimed at youngsters (under age 18). ;)

If you aspire to be an open age (adult players) referee then just wait until you can get a proper course.

Only my own opinion though mate. :)

Hi

Most counties run separate courses for Mini Soccer and for those wishing to referee in open age and/or youth football. Most have a backlog of courses because of shutdown (in my county we are running five courses in half term to catch up)
I suggest you should ask the County FA when you may be able to get on the open age/youth referee course, as the Mini Soccer one is aimed only at that level, and does not qualify you for adult/youth officiating.
The main course is being revamped totally at present, and from January will be largely online plus one evening and one day of group tuition.
I hope that helps - enjoy it whichever route you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back