A&H

Millwall v Cardiff

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Thoughts on the Sol Bamba ruled out 'goal' at 2.40

Personally, I think the ref is unlucky in blowing for the initial foul and seeing a goal scored BUT I also think that that was high foot too (PIADM - for the benefit of One) and shouldn't have stood anyway!!

Thoughts!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Right decision for me, if not a Millwall free kick a Cardiff one for the high foot.

He just got unlucky with his timings. Suspect Mr Warnock could be getting a summons from the FA to explain his comments after the game.

Where in the LOTG does it say a high foot is a foul?

Being pedantic but 'high foot' is only second to 'leave it' in my myth list. Players learn from us.

Sorry SF. This is the last one one of your posts I pick on for the day ☺
Edit :I agree on your thoughts on the incident though.

High foot in the vicinity of a defenders head is most certainly an offence. Colin needs to wind his neck in a bit!! :hmmm:

Reactions: one
Where in the LOTG does it say a high foot is a foul?

Being pedantic but 'high foot' is only second to 'leave it' in my myth list. Players learn from us.

Sorry SF. This is the last one one of your posts I pick on for the day ☺
Edit :I agree on your thoughts on the incident though.
Fair comment. I do sometimes say high foot instead of PIADM but high foot rolls off the tongue better

I probably would have played advantage and let the goal stand. I would have probably missed the high foot, being honest with you all. :p

I'd have sympathy with Stroud if he'd sprinted to the downed player but he seems non-plussed about the player on the floor after blowing up.

Nothing wrong with the scissor kick.

High foot in the vicinity of a defenders head is most certainly an offence. Colin needs to wind his neck in a bit!! :hmmm:
But that's not what you said in the OP. Just High foot. :)

High foot is not always an offence. Just like 'leave it' which is not always an offence. Or 'getting the ball' does not always mean there can't be an offence. The reason players say 'I got the ball' is because we referees justify a no-foul by saying he got the ball.

Fair comment. I do sometimes say high foot instead of PIADM but high foot rolls off the tongue better
I use "it was dangerous" easy to say/understand and good justification in line with LOTG. I never use "he got the ball" either, just a simple "[it was a ] fair challenge". Easy to say, and players can't misuse it.

You're being pedantic my friend, you know exactly what I meant, since when do we have to quote the exact phrases in the LOTG to make general points in basic forum conversation, now, get back to counting those sheep!

Last edited:
I'd have sympathy with Stroud if he'd sprinted to the downed player but he seems non-plussed about the player on the floor after blowing up.

Nothing wrong with the scissor kick.
Seems like he's trying to get to the player, but for the congregation of players surrounding him!

Back