A&H

Mike Dean

RustyRef

Administrator
Staff member
For those that haven't seen it before, I think this is brilliant.

Not just the content, but look at the comments, there are a huge number of supporters saying how impressed they are with Mike. Just shows what can happen if referees are allowed to publicly speak ...

The Referee Store
I loved the podcast; thought MD did a fantastic job. I haven't seen the comments (I avoided them; you're braver than I am) but I will go have a read of then soon.

He’s usually top drawer when I see him live, different page to A Taylor, S Hooper and the disaster trails left by John Moss! A sad day when he gets retired off.

He’s usually top drawer when I see him live, different page to A Taylor, S Hooper and the disaster trails left by John Moss! A sad day when he gets retired off.

I very much doubt he'll get pushed, they need him too much. Rather it sounds like he knows his own body and knows he can't carry on for much longer. Not sure it is in the video but in the actual podcast he says he can no longer referee at the weekend and midweeks as it takes him too long to recover. He'll be 52 by the start of next season, that's good going to be able to keep up with the pace of PL games.

If he goes into VAR when he retires they'll need to implement VAR cam so we can carry on seeing his facial reactions and mannerisms ... 😁

Back