A&H

Mentor

Rory

Level 7 Referee
Hi I have my first 3 games the weekend would it be worth me trying to see if I could get a mentor to watch one of my games for tips and advice or is it to early?? And would you recommend being watched by a mentor???

The Referee Store
Of course, it can only help. Where that is pre match procedures or comments about your performance, a friendly face will help you.

Contact your RDO for a mentor appointed though the CFA system. They have the training and support of the CFA, in case of questions.

Brilliant mate thank you is that the same person I would cont to try and get some matches as a assistant referee

Yes, it is the best starting point. He may refer you to somebody else, but as a new referee he will guide you to the right people.

Hi I have my first 3 games the weekend would it be worth me trying to see if I could get a mentor to watch one of my games for tips and advice or is it to early?? And would you recommend being watched by a mentor???
It might be hard to get one mate but I’d still try. I qualified in the summer and it took 10 games for me to have a mentor come and watch

Oh ok did he help you much
Just talked to me about positioning and signalling. But it was the most uneventful game I have reffed so there wasn't much to say, which was a shame. Also join your local RA as they might do mentoring separate to your CFA

Just talked to me about positioning and signalling. But it was the most uneventful game I have reffed so there wasn't much to say, which was a shame. Also join your local RA as they might do mentoring separate to your CFA
Cheers mate will do

Birmingham RA would be worth getting in touch with - I’m sure they will have someone who’d happily mentor you.

Back