A&H

Meanwhile in Sweden ...

The Referee Store
I'm all for referees explaining decisions. The challenge is to find a way of doing this where the referee can explain in a clear manner without being harassed by players, managers and the media. We certainly don't want a situation where the referee is stuck in front of a SkySports interviewer immediately after the match. In Scotland a couple of years ago there was an attempt to explain controversial decisions on the SFE website during the week after the match - this seems to have been discontinued.

lol because nobody really cares!! Media wants drama and controversy, managers want to absolve their overpaid little darlings from blame, players are simply over passionate and under brain celled to get it anyway and your common or garden punter is a sheep dragged back and forth by all of the above whilst sitting comfortably in the bar with their copy of the sun, team coloured tinted glasses on and pint of cold lager in hand.

It's a no win situation for the referee either way.

lol because nobody really cares!! Media wants drama and controversy, managers want to absolve their overpaid little darlings from blame, players are simply over passionate and under brain celled to get it anyway and your common or garden punter is a sheep dragged back and forth by all of the above whilst sitting comfortably in the bar with their copy of the sun, team coloured tinted glasses on and pint of cold lager in hand.

It's a no win situation for the referee either way.
That's the problem with modern football - too much lager. We need to get back to proper ale.
The abuse and vitriol will see it slowly melt away but it would be nice to get the TV companies to utilise a former referee properly in the same manner as Sky do with Stuart Cummings and their Rugby League commentaries.

BT sport have enlisted Howard Webb who presents reasons why decisions have been made and clarifies the laws mid game. Thought he was much better than the last guy who was all about self glorification :)

this has every potential to work ... but, as the mindless chelski 'supporters' have proven ... even when the referee has been proven right, they are still disgruntled and refuse to admit their goalkeeper (whom works around 35 hours less then me a week, is 2 years younger than me and earns on average 6 times my yearly wage in a week!!!) was a tw*t

Back