A&H

Match confirmation

refdave83

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
Hi all,
I was just listening to the podcast but Referee worlds (excellent as always). They spoke about match confirmation.
Last season I replied with the normal - yeah I will be there with confirmation of my match fee and mileage etc.

This season I thought I would try and make it look a bit more professional. I have crreated a document which I will attach when replying to match confirmation. 9/10 they are via e-mail.

I would like to know your thoughts. Does this set a good impression/bad impression/up my own arse? This way I know I am sending the same thing to every club and no one can moan saying |I didnt know and it is just a reminder to them about stuff really.

I have tried to uploard it - only a word document - but it is saying im not allowed to - unknown document - Ross can you help please

The Referee Store
Try now, I've allowed doc and docx file extensions. Are you able to upload it to the resource manager?

attchaed is the document - hopefully

Attachments

• Match confirmation.docx
    15.7 KB · Views: 39
Not a bad start, It does sound a bit up your own arse in places but hey we have a job to do so who cares. However, if I were a team Sec or Manager and had that I would be like he is on the ball and a bit OTT, and if you got something wrong or a poor call you would know about it, that is my only concern really.

That said its a good starting point and in due course I am sure with some amendments that fit better over the season you will perfect it. May be instead of wording it as instructions may be more as a bullet point.
i.e
Match Details

Home: Vs Away:
Venue:
Duration:
Comp:

Etc.... It wont sound up your own arse but more as a reference point/ reminder.

Almost ally my confirmations are done over the phone, and we don't give our expenses unless they ask.

If I do confirm via e-mail, its is something like this.

Subject: xxxx v xxxx at xxx on the xx/xx/xx at xx:xx pm

Dear.....

I can confirm my availability for the above match.

Kind regards,

Reffariiii.

Dave,

Hate to ruin your spirit, but absolutely no need for that. Just a simple.

"Thanks *name*

I look forward to the match.

Kind regards,

Drahc"

Back