A&H

Mass melee - fan footage

Yep. I try and wear black whenever it’s suitable, but there’s times other colours make more sense.
The SFA are stuck in the dark ages in some ways, but thankfully they’ve got this aspect right - IMO.
I’ve personally found that I could probably wear green to near enough every game I’ve had and avoid a clash

The Referee Store
You could just as easily ask the question of why leagues don't properly enforce their own rules about black being reserved for the referee. The issue with the above clip isn't what the referee is wearing, because he was always going to turn up wearing black - the question is who signed off on that other kit.

Spot on - had this 'discussion' with an EFL club's development side who wore black. After much discussions on the day re 'solutions', I pointed out that for next week's match, I asked, 'Guess what colour the three officials would turn up in?' - surprise, surprise a few weeks later they started wearing a different colour, which they still wear to this day!

Well done there - good management from what I could see. Just one point though - when you first approached the situation you took a position next to the wall, no impact, but do be wary of going somewhere where you could get trapped - ie the mass con could have moved over to you and around you, and you have nowhere to go with the wall behind you - always take a position in a mass con where you have escape routes.

Well done there - good management from what I could see. Just one point though - when you first approached the situation you took a position next to the wall, no impact, but do be wary of going somewhere where you could get trapped - ie the mass con could have moved over to you and around you, and you have nowhere to go with the wall behind you - always take a position in a mass con where you have escape routes.
Especially with the similar colours - players have been known to have a swing at the Ref in cases like this, using the excuse that they didn't know it was the referee. If you're in similar colours as well they're potentially more likely to do so. Also, if you're in too close it's harder to see what's going on because your peripheral vision is limited.

Back