A&H

Manchester City v Huddersfield Town (ref in the way again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloovee

RefChat Addict
I'll not go into other possible "mistakes" in the game but this is a follow-up to the issue of referees getting the way. Mike Dean yesterday gives City a rare FK, Huddersfield player stands two yards away, City player asks for action, Dean stands three yards away apparently doing nothing to enforce the ten yards - so there's now an opposition player and the referee blocking off possible passes...

The Referee Store
Or you could just address the issue.

I'm not happy when a referee makes a team take a FK from the right place - even though it's been played sideways - and then, having got it in the right place, enables the team who gave away the FK to delay the restart, and then stands in the way himself.

I know Mark Hughes is not fond of referees but he was right about the FK Jon Moss gave Everton that led to their last minute equaliser. Moss gives a dubious FK and lets that be taken a long way from the incident (I won't call it a foul), cutting out the Southampton player who, if Dean had been ref, would have been allowed to get back and stand two yards from the ball. (Or maybe not - you can't predict anything these days.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back