A&H

Junior/Youth Manager Contact

reffy1

Level 7 Referee
If the manager of the home team hasn’t contacted you by the Saturday before the Sunday game, should you report him to the league to let them know?

The Referee Store
If against competition rules, which seems likely 100% yes.

In my opinion if I didn’t get confirmation for a game and I’d made an attempt to contact the club and competition and had no luck getting any notice I wouldn’t even be turning up for the fixture.

If against competition rules, which seems likely 100% yes.

In my opinion if I didn’t get confirmation for a game and I’d made an attempt to contact the club and competition and had no luck getting any notice I wouldn’t even be turning up for the fixture.
Thank you

should you report him to the league to let them know?

Check your comp rules. Most will have a time limit that if a club breaches it is expected that you will report them. Then the league will chase them up and they'll sort it.

Check your comp rules. Most will have a time limit that if a club breaches it is expected that you will report them. Then the league will chase them up and they'll sort it.
The other thing you'll find in the competition rules is what you're expected to do about it if you haven't been contacted. Some leagues I ref on expect you to try and directly make contact with the manager/secretary first and then to the league appointments sec if that doesn't work, others want me to go direct to the appointments secretary - presumably so he can call up the manager and give them an earful himself!

This season only one manager hasn't contacted me. So I messaged them to confirm. They had forgot which is fair enough

What I find amusing is that managers are given contact details of the referee.

As part of training of referees, our junior referees are given the option of not writing their full name on the team sheet after the game. First name and first letter of the surname is also acceptable.

Back