A&H

Man City v Spurs

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Quite a few talking points in this one for me, so lets start with the Lescott elbow. Personally, i think he was a very lucky boy to stay on the pitch after that, haven't seen where Webb was positioned, so not sure if he was able to see it.
Next, Balotelli's stamp. Again, another very lucky boy, looked to me as if Webb was following the ball, so wouldn't have seen it. We've all been lucky enough to see countless replays, and my only conclusion is that Balotelli is a fool!!!
No questions for me that Kings foul on Ballotelli was indeed a penalty, just a stupid tackle to me made at such a late stage in the game, but then the argument that Ballotelli shouldn't have been on the pitch to win the penalty comes into play

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

The Referee Store
Lescott very poor decision by him and very lucky Mr Webb didnt see it.

Balotelli just a complete clown and/or thug appartenly Jamie Redknapp and Gary Neville lambast Mr Webb saying he was looking at it, I personally dont think he saw it fully like you said following the ball, caught it in the corner of his eye but just looked like a coming together which 1st time it did look like that.

Stone wall penalty. Ledley King should know better.

Hi
the actions of both Ballotelli and Lescott were totally unacceptable. Both players could have inflicted serious head injuries on fellow professionals. Obviously the horrific injury suffered by Ian Hume has been forgot about. i saw some images recently of his injury/ scar and it is scary. Both players in my opinion should be cited for their actions and dealt with through disciplinary action.

Hi
the actions of both Ballotelli and Lescott were totally unacceptable. Both players could have inflicted serious head injuries on fellow professionals. Obviously the horrific injury suffered by Ian Hume has been forgot about. i saw some images recently of his injury/ scar and it is scary. Both players in my opinion should be cited for their actions and dealt with through disciplinary action.
Just read that Ballotelli is to be charged by the FA for the stamp
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16693521.stm#TWEET66518
Not seen anything on Lescott yet

"Both players in my opinion should be cited for their actions and dealt with through disciplinary action."

More of this needs to happen to deter certain incidents happening again and again

Hi
It is alleged that Howard Webb has told the FA that he would not have sent Lescott off had he seen this incident. I think that HW needs to consider the implications of that. Perhaps missing two sending off decisions in a game is a bridge too far.

Just read that Mr Webb is the 4th official for the LFC V MUFC this weekend with Mr Atkinson thats 2 of the "best" officials we have on one game! must be expecting fireworks!

Back