A&H

Liverpool vs Leicester

A&H International
Remarkably reminiscent of the Kane tackle against Liverpool at the weekend, which obviously only resulted in a yellow. A textbook lesson in the perils of last week's ref and the longer-term implications of under-punshing poor tackles!

Remarkably reminiscent of the Kane tackle against Liverpool at the weekend, which obviously only resulted in a yellow. A textbook lesson in the perils of last week's ref and the longer-term implications of under-punshing poor tackles!
Much worse than Kane's imo

I suspect what saved him was the fact it was so early in the game, not saying that is right but we've seen it happen before. Plus there was no VAR, if there was you would like to think they would have referred it, although after the Kane challenge I'm no longer sure.

Kane's is far worse for me.
This chap doesn't come from a significant distance and the speed is not overwhelming. Very high, though.

This challenge is almost identical to that of Pickford on VVD last year. It has the potential to end a player's season. I don't see nothing but red in it.

Oh Brian is back?? Or just a flying visit...
Flying visit out of boredom - have tickets to Leeds games that keep getting postponed because they have a Covid outbreak.

Been in lockdown for a positive Covid test on December 15 (yes that's right kids, 10 days before Christmas). Still just a football fan, admittedly a football fan with 20 years refereeing experience, 12 years as a FA Tutor, 10 years as a Supply Observer and 4 years as National League North and South Observer, but JUST a fan. Also really enjoying teaching, so much so that I'm taking a step into a Head of Year role in the new calendar year. It's a bit like being a referee, observer, tutor, social worker, parent, doctor and nurse all rolled into one.

Stay well everyone.

Flying visit out of boredom - have tickets to Leeds games that keep getting postponed because they have a Covid outbreak.

Been in lockdown for a positive Covid test on December 15 (yes that's right kids, 10 days before Christmas). Still just a football fan, admittedly a football fan with 20 years refereeing experience, 12 years as a FA Tutor, 10 years as a Supply Observer and 4 years as National League North and South Observer, but JUST a fan. Also really enjoying teaching, so much so that I'm taking a step into a Head of Year role in the new calendar year. It's a bit like being a referee, observer, tutor, social worker, parent, doctor and nurse all rolled into one.

Stay well everyone.

Keep well! Currently isolating at home, hopefully be free in the new year

. Also really enjoying teaching, so much so that I'm taking a step into a Head of Year role in the new calendar year. It's a bit like being a referee, observer, tutor, social worker, parent, doctor and nurse all rolled into one.

Stay well everyone.
Delighted to hear that you are enjoying teaching, and congratulations on your new role.

When I took up refereeing, my years in the classroom helped me on the pitch; you’ve made the move in the other direction and I have no doubt that your experience as a referee will have helped you in the the classroom - I’ve long thought that 5he skills needed to be a good referee are interchangeable with those to be a good teacher. If any of you out there are thinking of a new direction for the new year, you could consider teaching as a career.

I refffed in my youth and taught high school for a few years. The reffing absolutely helped. (I did resist the idea of using yellow and red cards as classroom management tools….)

This challenge is almost identical to that of Pickford on VVD last year. It has the potential to end a player's season. I don't see nothing but red in it.
You do realise this broke his leg?

His season is pretty much over. Might get one or 2 games at the end of the season if he is lucky.

You do realise that not all referees carry x-ray machines so can't assess an injury
Indeed, but the ref was in a position to issue a red without any excuses.

It is a shame. Arsenal v Sunderland, I started a thread saying how well the referee did without the need of VAR - think the trio got every decision correct. Next night, a simple red, and the referee 'bottled it' (sorry for 'fan' terminology - but probably was the case at Anfield so early in the game when Liverpool were being battered).

Back