A&H

Liverpool v WBA - Alan Shearer correct shock!

Well considering there have been several clear errors, inc this example that I started the thread with, in the PL regarding the new interpretation it clearly isn't that straightforward!;)
Well, just because some officials sometimes make clear errors on a particular law (or aspect of a law) doesn't mean the interpretation isn't straightforward.

For instance, the ruling on a player in an offside position with no defender in the vicinity, where the ball sails way over his head and goes out of play before he (or a defender) had even the slightest chance of reaching it, is fairly straightforward (IMHO) yet we still see AR's, even at the highest level, who flag for offside on this.

I have seen several examples of this recently in both Premier League and UCL games.

The Referee Store
Well, just because some officials sometimes make clear errors on a particular law (or aspect of a law) doesn't mean the interpretation isn't straightforward.

For instance, the ruling on a player in an offside position with no defender in the vicinity, where the ball sails way over his head and goes out of play before he (or a defender) had even the slightest chance of reaching it, is fairly straightforward (IMHO) yet we still see AR's, even at the highest level, who flag for offside on this.

I have seen several examples of this recently in both Premier League and UCL games.

I think you're agreeing with me there Peter!;)

Point is if top officials are getting things "wrong", its surely sensible not to expect too much from, and/or to overly complicate the instructions to CARs?

Back