A&H

Liverpool v United incidents analysed by Dermot Gallagher

Mada

This was worth a watch, some naughty tackles over the years some of which only penalised by a yellow card (the Carragher tackle on Nani was a shocker). The suggestion is that some of these decisions would have been changed by VAR although the tolerance for tackling has reduced over the years too.

The Referee Store
Not watched yet, but Gerard's half-time entrance and <1m red is a personal favourite. (Don't support either side)

If Gerrard had been cautioned for the tackle he made 10 seconds earlier when he wiped out Herrera (but got the ball, so it's okay) he'd had never been sent off. Oh the irony.
Also that Heinze one is (quite wrongly) NEVER being given as a pen in the EPL. He got a toetail on the ball!!
Otherwise refs have been pretty spot on.

Also that Heinze one is (quite wrongly) NEVER being given as a pen in the EPL. He got a toetail on the ball!!

I'm not sure! He leaves the ground and goes in with both feet, albeit from the side rather than from behind. I know what you're saying but I think these days that would be a pen 9 times out of 10 and at least a caution.

Can someone from Britain post a mirror of that video? Sky is notorious for not making anything available outside of Britain

Back