A&H

Liverpool v Exeter City (FAC 3rd Round Replay)

Dirty Harry

Just seen the first half highlights on BBC and I cannot believe my eyes...Brad Smith has got away with it AGAIN!!!!! Another foul on a defender just before he sets up Joe Allen to score. Is he using some sort of Jedi mind trick to stop anyone from seeing the fouls that he commits? :eek::mad::mad::devil:

The Referee Store
The ref also failed to caution him for a clear tactical foul, which should have been nailed on. :)

Jedi mind tricks indeed

disagree totally excellent refereeing realised early the two teams wanted to play football so he stayed out the way let the game breathe, only got involved when he needed to, and young referees remember, making it look easy is hard work

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but choosing not to apply the laws is sometimes far easier than doing your job 'without fear or favour'. A firm but fair referee earns far more respect than someone who prefers not to get involved, just in case it affects their marks. I'm not saying this is necessarily the case on this occasion, but beware of refereeing to try and please people. It is the path to the dark side...;):devil:

Back