A&H

Live Napo

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
The half time show highlighting the inconsistency of VAR... the Napoli goal should have been brought back for a foul on VVD.

Easy comparison with the PSG goal - and RC for Courtois - that was cancelled for a foul on Marcelo.

Napoli are a right pain to play against!

The Referee Store
Surprised they didn't take a closer look at the penalty appeal around the 70th minute. Napoli defender was all over Salah, think if he'd gone down it would have been difficut to say no to?

I was gonna mention the lack of review for Koulibali on Salah... I agree if he'd have gone down... or stopped playing the ref would have been in trouble.

In the end it wasn't a totally convincing display by the man in the middle. When he stopped Liverpool taking a quick free kick he lost control and it led to booking Klopp. It was naive unnecessary interference at this level I think. He did get it right with Robertson's niggle though.

I was gonna mention the lack of review for Koulibali on Salah... I agree if he'd have gone down... or stopped playing the ref would have been in trouble.

In the end it wasn't a totally convincing display by the man in the middle. When he stopped Liverpool taking a quick free kick he lost control and it led to booking Klopp. It was naive unnecessary interference at this level I think. He did get it right with Robertson's niggle though.

I agree - he looked a bit out of his depth sometimes, and the stopping of the quick FK (multiple times) frustrated everyone. Also agree that Salah was too honest, and Mane got clattered from behind way too often and ignored. That said, I'd rather that than seeing players throw themselves to the floor on every contact.

And how the foul on VVD wasn't given after VAR is beyond me, but I despair about the new levels of inconsistency that has been introduced now anyway!

Now there's a thing.....Mo Salah too honest.......last season most of you were calling him a 'diving cheat'......

I’m not a big fan of reversing calls in the APP, but the replays I saw sure validated a foul call to me. Mertens clearly looked at VVD, lined himself up to create contact, and fouled him. If there is a “clear and obvious” foul in this context, that is it.
(I’m a neutral in this situation. Not a fan of either team and watched on a replay stream after I knew the result.)

Back