A&H

LIV vs FUL

one

RefChat Addict
Liverpool first goal was a good goal. It's what makes football a beautiful game. It would have never happened if VAR was being used.

The Referee Store
A good goal? The ball was moving when the free kick was taken!
Trivial and/or dubious offence? :D

Anyway, on a more serious note, did anyone else think Calum Chambers was a little fortunate to get away with only a yellow for a foot-up, off the ground challenge where he planted his studs right into Mo Salah's ankle?

If this is what the first post was referring to, then VAR couldn't have gotten involved anyway.
I could be wrong but I think it was referring to the fact that the game would have been held up for VAR to check the disallowed Fulham 'goal' so Liverpool would never have got the chance for the quick breakaway.

Reactions: one
This weekend has been a padlock on a heavily nailed coffin, for us VAR skeptics. Simon Hooper's (et al) debacle plunges La Resistance into quick sand, from which the evolving pantomime of modern day football is inescapable
IFAB are flushing in massive change in great haste, instead of incrementally introducing a process over the many years the game has been demanding it. I've said it before, but I'd rather have the calamitous KMIs we regularly see, than the equally frequent VAR pantomime scenes
All this whilst the game fails to address the Number 1 problem; dissent & abuse at all levels. But then, the money men aren't interested in that...

Hooper looked like the proverbial fish out of water, the kindest thing i can say is he came across like Moss but without the experience...

The restart is a non issue for me. From the front replay it looked like the ball was stopped at the moment of the kick. The back replay showed it was moving ever so slightly. There are far worse cases in law that are considered trifling.

As PG pointed out I was referring to a delay a VAR check would have caused preventing a quick restart.

Chambers was a dark orange for me. What saved him was that his studs were pointing downwards and his knee was bent.

This weekend has been a padlock on a heavily nailed coffin, for us VAR skeptics. Simon Hooper's (et al) debacle plunges La Resistance into quick sand, from which the evolving pantomime of modern day football is inescapable
IFAB are flushing in massive change in great haste, instead of incrementally introducing a process over the many years the game has been demanding it. I've said it before, but I'd rather have the calamitous KMIs we regularly see, than the equally frequent VAR pantomime scenes
All this whilst the game fails to address the Number 1 problem; dissent & abuse at all levels. But then, the money men aren't interested in that...
Hats off

You been hacked BC? Complete sense! 👏👏👏

Back