A&H

Liv v WH

GraemeS

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Goal disallowed by VAR for a foul on WH keeper....goal was given on the pitch and it looked to me as though mane slid under the keeper? Not C&O either way for me

Last edited:
Reactions: one
The Referee Store
I think it is the right decision as had Kevin Friend seen it clearly in real time he would have given a free kick. It was a lunge by Mane and the expectation there is almost always a free kick.

I don't think PL will ever get VAR right. Not a foul for me, let alone a clear and obvious error.

And KF never saw a real speed replay? Why?

Why are always getting slow-mo replays for VAR onfield reviews? Wasn't the original intention that slowm-mos would only be used for point of contact decisions?.

Also from them showing us the angles they showed, they didn’t show the one that looked like mane touched the ball, I’m not insinuating anything here but actually question, do the VAR team not have the same angles as the tv crew do?

Also from them showing us the angles they showed, they didn’t show the one that looked like mane touched the ball, I’m not insinuating anything here but actually question, do the VAR team not have the same angles as the tv crew do?

VAR team have access to every camera in the ground, as do TV. TV won't necessarily show you the angles that VAR are seeing, though.

Big Pool and Mane fan here.
I thought that was the best use of VAR I’ve seen in the prem.

Impossible for KF to see in real time. Def plays the ball so no offside... but Mane slides in, clear foul on the keeper, Mane probably also contacts the def. it’s got to be a foul by Mane - though neither he or GK play the ball.

I thought it was excellent that the review text said checking for foul (not offside) and I thought it was excellent that KF watched it twice (I think) and agreed with the studio and made the right call.

Great teamwork for me.

I also liked that we won ;)

Back