A&H

Liv Bton

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Just because there were a couple arguable mistakes in this one...

One offside against TAA given by AR2 right in front of him in the first half. Replays showed he was on by about 3 yards. AR2 is usually superb.
I have some sympathy. Offside calls, anticipation of through balls and wait&see timing are much harder right in front of you - any tips?

The other was a shot and handball in the box. Both hands went up in a kind of protecting-the-face-a-la-john-terry. Really tough in real time- though a similar offence was whistled outside the box in the 2nd half.

Probably will be on the “VAR-would’ve” reel later...

The Referee Store
I always find if the ball comes near me and I think there may be an offside, I take a couple of steps back. Just helps to give a wider picture (though you have to be careful you aren’t too far away if the ball is going to go out for a throw in and you have to make a decisions about whether it crosses the line or not).

I always find if the ball comes near me and I think there may be an offside, I take a couple of steps back. Just helps to give a wider picture (though you have to be careful you aren’t too far away if the ball is going to go out for a throw in and you have to make a decisions about whether it crosses the line or not).
Yes, I do that too - I take a few steps to help with offside view (and also to avoid collisions).

Back