A&H

Level 7 to level 6?

lucy707

Hey all,

Since my last post I have reffed In a few more games including a 5 a-side disability game, an U9's girls game, academy games and also Sunday league games. I also recently managed to pass the referee test so I am now officially a level 7 referee! Tbh it's not really an aim for me to become a referee of a really high standard but just so I know for the future, how do I become a level 6 referee?

Thanks👍🏼

The Referee Store
Need to do 20 qualifying games in one season.

Then you will get an invite from your county FA to apply, around Feb timeframe.

It can be any competition. I think it still has to be 11 v 11 though. Your County FA website should tell you.

interesting how it varies. Here in the US, it varies slightly by state - Grade 8 here is the entry level referee grade. Grade 7 is the first upgrade.

Requirements to upgrade from 8 to 7 in Indiana, USA:
The referee must have 75 US Soccer sanctioned/affiliated games as a referee and 25 US Soccer sanctioned/affiliated games as an Assistant Referee. The referee must pass one (1) on field assessment on a U17 US Soccer sanction/affiliated game. The SRC will pay the assessment fee.

Additionally all grade 7 and higher here must pass the fitness test:
Sprint Portion
Six (6) 40 meter sprints in under 6.6 seconds each
Interval Portion
Four (4) 75 meter runs and four (4) 25 meter walks per lap, 10 laps.
You must sprint the 75 meters in 17 seconds.
You must then must walk the 25 meters in 20 seconds.

To maintain your grade you must pass an assessment and the fitness test every year. The sprints are no problem in my opinion. You must be in shape for the interval test. That is no joke.

interesting how it varies. Here in the US, it varies slightly by state - Grade 8 here is the entry level referee grade. Grade 7 is the first upgrade.

Requirements to upgrade from 8 to 7 in Indiana, USA:
The referee must have 75 US Soccer sanctioned/affiliated games as a referee and 25 US Soccer sanctioned/affiliated games as an Assistant Referee. The referee must pass one (1) on field assessment on a U17 US Soccer sanction/affiliated game. The SRC will pay the assessment fee.

Additionally all grade 7 and higher here must pass the fitness test:
Sprint Portion
Six (6) 40 meter sprints in under 6.6 seconds each
Interval Portion
Four (4) 75 meter runs and four (4) 25 meter walks per lap, 10 laps.
You must sprint the 75 meters in 17 seconds.
You must then must walk the 25 meters in 20 seconds.

To maintain your grade you must pass an assessment and the fitness test every year. The sprints are no problem in my opinion. You must be in shape for the interval test. That is no joke.
Thank God I don't live in America😁

Back