A&H

Left Left Left

Little Derek

Level 7 Referee
Can anyone please tell me what "Left Left Left" is in the world of refereeing please. I was listening to the refs world podcast and they said they'd be explaining it, then they ran out of time and said they were recording the next episode straight away and all would be explained in the next episode. I waited a month and when the next episode became available they didn't mention the elusive "Left Left Left" topic.

The Referee Store
I only heard of this v recently - but - essentially you divide the (attacking) half of the pitch into 4 channels that run up & down the pitch ...

When the play is in channel 4 (ie nearest your AR) the ref should be in 3 ... Play in 3 you should be in 2 ... etc. ... When ball is in channel 1 the ref sweeps round to get to the touch line (unless play is obviously coming out of C1 quickly)

I like this - helps me reposition quicker (and get in the way less!)

I only heard of this v recently - but - essentially you divide the (attacking) half of the pitch into 4 channels that run up & down the pitch ...

When the play is in channel 4 (ie nearest your AR) the ref should be in 3 ... Play in 3 you should be in 2 ... etc. ... When ball is in channel 1 the ref sweeps round to get to the touch line (unless play is obviously coming out of C1 quickly)

I like this - helps me reposition quicker (and get in the way less!)

I like this to. Apart from the touchline bit. If play is by the touchline, no way am I swinging around to get to the left of the player resulting in me basically standing on the touchline - if a cross is put in the box, I am in a useless position which is not credible at all.

By all means if the ball is right in the corner, I'll swing more than usual, so I am more credible when giving fouls / ball in and out of play; but I still have the option to move whilst the ball is in flight, in the event of a ball is put into the box, with a side on view of the drop-zone.

Back