A&H

Leagues for promotion

Jack M

Level 6 Referee
Hi guys,

Just wanted to check something regarding promotion.

During the promotion season, do I have to referee on a Saturday league as well as a Sunday League? Or can I just referee on the Sunday League? The reason I ask is because I seem to have no free time at the moment what with work and other commitments. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jack

The Referee Store
Yup, from 7 to 6 all open age Mens / Womens games are eligible to be put in for assessment. However, if your county follows the same procedures as mine (a BIG if :)), then if you wish at some point to go 6 to 5, eligible games will be more strictly controlled. You might still get away with just Sundays (Premier games in Leagues and Senior / later round County Cups) but worth checking. Certainly at 5 to 4 you have to commit to being available to referee both Saturdays and midweeks. Hope that helps

Yup, from 7 to 6 all open age Mens / Womens games are eligible to be put in for assessment. However, if your county follows the same procedures as mine (a BIG if :)), then if you wish at some point to go 6 to 5, eligible games will be more strictly controlled. You might still get away with just Sundays (Premier games in Leagues and Senior / later round County Cups) but worth checking. Certainly at 5 to 4 you have to commit to being available to referee both Saturdays and midweeks. Hope that helps

A CFA should not use the fact a referee only does Sunday's at 7-6 OR 6-5 level since there is nothing that mentions availability on Saturday's. For 5-4 it mentions availability since the whole reason to be at Level 4 is to referee specific leagues that only operate Saturday's and midweek. A Level 5, and some do, can continue solely operating on Sunday's if he wishes. I imagine they won't turn around and say "You failed 6-5 due to not refereeing Saturday's" since the FA wouldn't be happy about that.

A CFA should not use the fact a referee only does Sunday's at 7-6 OR 6-5 level since there is nothing that mentions availability on Saturday's. For 5-4 it mentions availability since the whole reason to be at Level 4 is to referee specific leagues that only operate Saturday's and midweek. A Level 5, and some do, can continue solely operating on Sunday's if he wishes. I imagine they won't turn around and say "You failed 6-5 due to not refereeing Saturday's" since the FA wouldn't be happy about that.
There is a requirement to operate as Assistant Referee for a minimum of 5 games when moving from 6-5. Not many Sunday Leagues that operate with ARs

There is a requirement to operate as Assistant Referee for a minimum of 5 games when moving from 6-5. Not many Sunday Leagues that operate with ARs

When'd that come in? I never reported any AR games and was specifically told not to bother reporting AR games during my 6-5 season.

Copy and pasted from the WRCFA website:

Promotion from Levels 7 to 6 and 6 to 5 shall be based on a Referee’s practical performance on the field of play and other criteria as follows:

• Written assessments by FA Registered Assessors on a minimum of three games.
  • Club marks from competitions over the age of 16 years over a minimum of 20 games (a minimum of 15 must be in open age competitions) officiated in as a Referee in the marking season.
  • Attend at least one promotion in-service training event.
  • Successful completion of a written examination as determined by The Association.

Back