A&H

League Cup Matches

I've had my 3rd semi final appointment for this weekend, after 2 on the line I'm in the middle on Sunday, will be my first game in the middle with NAR's

The Referee Store
Got an Under 10 semi in the middle Saturday and an Under 13 semi on the line Sunday. :)

Well on Sunday I was an assistant in a Vets Semi Final. Very good game. Ended up 1-0. I then got in the afternoon from referee secretary from my Saturday league (I referee Saturdays and Sundays) to let me know I have been chosen to referee a cup final on 22 April with a 7.30 KO under the floodlights!

The league will write to me and I will have a small write up in the matchday programme.

Over the moon!

You might want to re-edit that post.:oops:
Didn't really read that through before I posted it.. :p
But I've now been taken off the Under 13 and given a couple of league games instead anyway!

Got my county cup women's final on 27th which is a 2pm kick off, now been given an u14 league cup final which is same day at 6pm... Ouch. I'm also possibly expecting a men's match in the morning, could be a long day!

I still remember a few years ago when reffing in Croydon, turning up to referee my cup final in the morning, finished that game, and came back for the game in the afternoon as it was on the cards to be a good game, top vs 2nd in another final. As I walked through the gate, got asked if I had my kit on me, and was asked to referee this other cup final, as the referee had failed to turn up. I somehow got through that game, and then the referee for the evening match picked up a knock and couldn't referee because of this, got asked to do this too. Declined but ran the line instead, was absolutely knackered, but what a day!!
Fancy not turning up for a cup final though!!

I have just been emailed to let me know I have been appointed as a fourth official for another cup final, being played at Sutton United FC. I'm over the moon, two cup finals, one as a referee and one as a fourth official... I wonder if I will get another, would love to get an appointment as an assistant for one just for experience.

Got my county cup women's final on 27th which is a 2pm kick off, now been given an u14 league cup final which is same day at 6pm... Ouch. I'm also possibly expecting a men's match in the morning, could be a long day!
If I can issue a word of caution, if you do get a game in the morning, do the right thing and turn it down. If you have a prestige appointment like a County Final, you do not want to turn up looking tired or even slightly dishevelled for that game. You need to think about the County Final and prepare mentally for it. It will be like nothing you have refereed before.

Also, if you have a County Final in the afternoon, is it fair to turn out later for the League Cup Final not looking your best? This is a major game for these kids and you wouldn't be treating the game with the respect it deserves by turning up from another game not at your best.

If I can issue a word of caution, if you do get a game in the morning, do the right thing and turn it down. If you have a prestige appointment like a County Final, you do not want to turn up looking tired or even slightly dishevelled for that game. You need to think about the County Final and prepare mentally for it. It will be like nothing you have refereed before.

Also, if you have a County Final in the afternoon, is it fair to turn out later for the League Cup Final not looking your best? This is a major game for these kids and you wouldn't be treating the game with the respect it deserves by turning up from another game not at your best.

I've already emailed the men's league to close the date as I'm not keen on idea of doing 3 matches on the same day with 2 of them being 90 minutes
However, as I'll be linesman for the two matches I'm happy to take part in both of them with full confidence that I'd be at my best for both matches and look forward to a great day

I still remember a few years ago when reffing in Croydon, turning up to referee my cup final in the morning, finished that game, and came back for the game in the afternoon as it was on the cards to be a good game, top vs 2nd in another final. As I walked through the gate, got asked if I had my kit on me, and was asked to referee this other cup final, as the referee had failed to turn up. I somehow got through that game, and then the referee for the evening match picked up a knock and couldn't referee because of this, got asked to do this too. Declined but ran the line instead, was absolutely knackered, but what a day!!
Fancy not turning up for a cup final though!!
That's ridiculous!
Worst I had was reffing a tournament in the summer that I was at 9-4 and what I believe was the hottest day of the year (unbelievably burnt that day), then suddenly I got asked to do a 90 minute men's match after between worcester city and kidderminster harriers supporter societies, I said yes as it was the second to last match ever played at St.Georges's Lane. I then had the second day of tournament the next day as it was two day one and again was there 9-4!

I've already emailed the men's league to close the date as I'm not keen on idea of doing 3 matches on the same day with 2 of them being 90 minutes
However, as I'll be linesman for the two matches I'm happy to take part in both of them with full confidence that I'd be at my best for both matches and look forward to a great day
Good luck. Enjoy your games

Got told earlier I have been given U15 final on the line. Two good teams as well, and a referee that I've worked with before at academy and county cup semi. Should be a good day

Got told earlier I have been given U15 final on the line. Two good teams as well, and a referee that I've worked with before at academy and county cup semi. Should be a good day

Congrats will, out finals haven't been allocated yet but will keep my fingers crossed

Back