A&H

Last Week

KAM

Level 4 Referee
Well last week I was on a school/college sports tour to Italy, having our sixth form games messed up by playing 13/14 year olds I decided that I was going to watch the refs as I knew that my playing time was going to be limited. The referee for our two games was the same bloke and I'll give him his due he was alright better than the other two refs I saw. Our ref maybe missed one or two things and called one spot on only cause it was me as I took a player out by accident obviously.

But the other refs where so poor on the gamesthe first one I ran the line for they kept standing in front of me on corners and free kicks and I'm shouting to the ref 'ref wrong position move out of my view' and got nothing so near the end of the first half when I saw him look across I shouted with anger 'ref do you actually need me to run the line or am I acting like a dummy doing nothing for you' both times I was blanked so I gave up but luckily enough we were getting ready to go on in during the second half so lucky for me I didn't have to run in his opposite land RB's. Then on the second game I ran the line on I was proberly distracted by the amazing setting of the pitch in Verona but that got blocked out, then the major talking point was an offside. You know when you get a ball pinged from the attackers half then there is one player blatantly offside on one player running on to the ball.
Well this happened I didn't flag as the player not offside got the ball and the offside player stood still no interference, then the ref blows up for offside well I'm shouting he's not offside ref and the bench went crazy asking me was he on or not and I'm saying 'the one who got it was onside'. But earlier in the game an Italian player rugby tackled one of ours and well no free kick yet if we put on finger on them free kick.

Being the only qualified ref on tour everyone was asking me all these questions and saying want went down in their games.

My view on the Italian referees is - well I don't think I can use the word I want on this message board, so I'll say poor.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Back