A&H

Ladies match ended after 20 mins

SM

The avuncular one
Did a ladies match last night with NARs. The games lasted 22 mins before an injury which resulted eventually in the game being abandoned.

Running for the ball a player goes down without contact. I go over and call the first aider on. She cannot move and lies prone on the pitch, something to do with her ankle. Ambulance called and luckily there is an off duty physio and off duty paramedic watching the game. Match is abandoned after an hour has passed with no sign of ambulance, player still on the pitch.

We get showered and changed and by then the first responder car has turned up. Player still cannot be moved. We go to the pub and eat get fee sorted etc.

Player got injured at 7.50, ambulance was taking her to hospital at 10 pm.

She was about 5 metres from the changing room which had treatment tables and warmth. If it was me injured I would not have wanted to lie in the pitch for 2 hours in pain. Not my call though.

The Referee Store
Agree with Mike - don't move them

Also tend to agree with Supermonkey - there comes a point when moving to a warmer place is beneficial - especially if the advice is to elevate the leg

May well have the middle for the game next week if it is replayed. Would be nice

They thought I had broken my neck once and ended up having to sit still with someone holding my head........Not fun

Back