A&H

Kick on the head

SM

The avuncular one
Odd one tonight. Rubbish game, felt more like tennis than football but hey ho.

Incident in the second half. Blue leading by 2 goals when red punt the forward into the blue penalty area. Ball breaks towards he edge of the area and a red player goes to head it when a blue player, who is behind the red player, stretches a foot passed him to kick the ball away, missing it. Initially went to blow for playing in a dangerous manner (high foot) when I realised the foot DID make contact with the head of the red player. I blow and award the penalty. It was slight contact but it was contact and so is in my mind is now a foul tackle rather than playing in a dangerous manner.

"But he didn't ask for it ref!! You can't give a penalty unless he asks for one!" A new one for the book of player cliches.

What do you think?

As an aside, a player was giving me verbals so I called him over and told him to cool it. He walks away moaning and swearing and so I call back and caution for dissent. Call from the side line "you can't caution him for that ref! He wasn't looking at you!"

Made me laugh.

The Referee Store
Gems.

If contacts made LOTG mean penalty. End of. Sounds correct to me. Although a booking would be required too if we are being particularly officious :)

as above...id have definitly given the yellow, cheeky beggar

i do love the comments you get!

Back