A&H

Kevin Friend - Bournemouth vs Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Nope, not a rant about terrible refereeing in the Premier League...

Turned on the game just before half time to see the game had been delayed by referee Mike Dean as Kevin Friend, who was carrying out 4th official duties, reportedly collapsed on the touchline. He was treated by St Johns Ambulance staff for a head injury, possibly as result of the collapse, before being taken to hospital.

Hopefully nothing serious and we see Kevin back in action sooner rather than later!

The Referee Store
kevin has been replaced from his 4th official duties tonight by andy woolmer, out of interest does anyone know if mr woolmer has ever referees a prem game

I've always thought that 4th official in PL SHOULD be referees who aspire to PL, rather than from the existing list as now.

Surely experience as 4th will help them when/if they do get on the list?

I've always thought that 4th official in PL SHOULD be referees who aspire to PL, rather than from the existing list as now.

Surely experience as 4th will help them when/if they do get on the list?
a difficult decision imagine an inexperienced 4th official on liverpool man utd type game and the referee gets injured in the warm up

Now being reported that he has, thankfully, been discharged from hospital. He won't be officiating this weekend.

a difficult decision imagine an inexperienced 4th official on liverpool man utd type game and the referee gets injured in the warm up

I'm not advocating inexperienced officials but the top FL officials, who are pushing for the PL - they will have done over 1,000 games and have plenty of experience.

Forget about finding a fourth official from the crowd - what I would have liked to have seen is all four officials withdrawing, and then having Eddie Howe taking the whistle in to the middle, and a player off each bench running the lines (using bibs in their hands rather than flags). To add to all of this, they could have buried a couple of rabbits or moles during half-time, so that they could dig themselves out and leave piles of soil in the middle of the pitch, and perhaps let a dog loose at some point - for a combination of dog mess and a spectator blindly ignoring that their dog is in the middle of a game of football. Finally, take the nets off the goal posts and re-attach them upside down using electrical tape. Then it would have been a real game of football.

Abandon! I'm sure I saw one of the team's officials talking to him then, a player walked across my line of sight. When I next saw him, he was hitting the dugout. Must have been the team official that did it. Ref assault undoubtedly.

Abandon! I'm sure I saw one of the team's officials talking to him then, a player walked across my line of sight. When I next saw him, he was hitting the dugout. Must have been the team official that did it. Ref assault undoubtedly.
Whilst I did have a little chuckle, I do have to put my moderator hat back on and lock the thread now, for fear of that escalating into farce!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back