A&H

Jerome Champagne

jpm1993

Level 7 Referee
Despite his questionable name, I like some of his ideas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25811977

Not a fan of yellow cards, but he wants more technology in place for decision making, as well as ' allowing only the team captain to approach the referee and moving the ball 10 yards further forward whenever a decision for a free-kick is challenged.'.

Not 100% sure about the captain, but moving the ball 10 yards forward if players argue could be interesting!

Of course, the likelihood of this all being voted in is minimal, but interesting thoughts..

The Referee Store
to be fair, i have an 'orange' phone but it's black so i, for one, found the picture extremely helpful :)

arguably, it works in rugby because you can score a try across the full width of the pitch and there is no penalty area

anyway, i thought this was Blatter's idea, as was sin-bins

has champers chosen the wrong thunder to steal, i wonder

If the decent rule came in imagine how much money some county's would lose! ;)
A good idea still!
Edit: "dissent"

Last edited:
i would argue that you mean 'dissent' joshua, but we all know where that leads....;)

I like the sin bin idea, but would it be brought into grassroot??

Wasn't the 'sin bin' discussed on the RW Podcast the other week?

In my opinion it would be fine for higher level matches (those with a 4th official, Conference Prem and higher) but it would be nigh on impossible to police at grassroots on a Sunday morning.

Sounds like he should be involved in rugby, not football. I think the Premier League has it perfectly - the only technology GLT which wastes no time (like in Rugby where you have a long wait to determine the decision).

Back