A&H

Jeckyll and Hyde game

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Had the weirdest match last night.
It was in our 6th tier where you have to expect the unexpected - from players, coaches and unfortunately our own NARs.

Overall what was so weird was that my match control and dealing with difficult scenarios was really good... but I made a couple of little mistakes that cost me lots of goodwill.

It was a late 9pm kick off which is a little odd. The little mistakes: classic after half time point wrong for a simple throw, rescued. And three times signal against the NAR. First, confused AR points against my throw tip, no biggie. I call goal kick as AR’s tip is not clear, but he verbally corrects as I hadn’t seen the GK touch. Lastly I call weird attacker foul in midfield for pushing, AR flags the other way - I sell it to him and the players. All 4 end in the right result - bit even with (sad to say) poor older NARs that much poor teamwork is not good.

And then in the last 10, loads of feigning injury, time wasting, spicey challenges, 6 yellows, a second yellow for blatant delay of game, throwing the ball away, an accusation of racist insult from player to physio dealt with calmly to process in added time... lots of action to close it out.

And then loads of thanks from both teams, which was nice, followed by an extraordinary report.

What to take away? TBH I should have taken every decision. I am used to much stronger trios a few levels up - I had older ARs and I think I expected them to take weight off me. At this level I should have dominated more. Physical warm up was OK but perhaps I was too relaxed in pre match with the older guys, and so late in the day, there’s something more I could have done for myself to start the game.

The Referee Store
Back