A&H

Italian referee kicked after red card

The Referee Store
Not a good idea turning his back on the player immediately after showing the red card, but doesn't excuse the player's reaction. Credit to his team mate for getting rid of the idiot!

He did very well to resist the urge to land one on the idiots nose after that kick out.

Played on though after that?

Screw you guys I'm going home. :)

a) don't show a red card to a player within an arm's length of you
b) certainly don't turn your back on a player you have sent off 2 seconds earlier!!

Player should never play again

B) --> this, never ever do this unless you fancy waking up face down in the mud wondering what happened.

Something like that happens to me, I'm off home immediately to write up the dismissal and the abandonment. I hope the referee got the appropriate support after the match.

But... should the game have started when at least one of the keepers was wearing the exact same colours as the referee...?

Something like that happens to me, I'm off home immediately to write up the dismissal and the abandonment. I hope the referee got the appropriate support after the match.

But... should the game have started when at least one of the keepers was wearing the exact same colours as the referee...?
I did think he was walking off when I first saw the video, I assume he was actually going to tell the manager what happened and what would be reported?

If we're talking about reasons for abandonment, the state of the pitch is awful! I think if you watch the entire clip, you might see 10 blades of grass, but that's a stretch.

Back