A&H

Interesting world cup refereeing stats.

one

RefChat Addict
2018 is from the 14 games played so far. The two interesting ones for 2018 are
  • No red cards. Best was 1 every 6 games in 2014. (VAR?)
  • 8 penalties so far. about 2.5 time the per game average form the past. (VAR?)
The numbers are average per game. Can’t find the fouls from 2002, 2006

1529387501556.png
Source: fifa.com, wikipedia.org

The Referee Store
Wait until after the final and see the 2018 yellow card average..

It will slowly increase as the Tournement goes on & more is riding on the games.

I’ve not seen every game but the only tackle where I’ve thought mmmm what’s coming next was the Kevin De Bruyne studs up challenge. Certainly fell into the orange area!

One consideration RE red cards may be the downgrading of DOGSO challenging for the ball in the penalty area from red to yellow - don't think we've had any yet, but that may well affect stats later on in the competition.

One consideration RE red cards may be the downgrading of DOGSO challenging for the ball in the penalty area from red to yellow - don't think we've had any yet, but that may well affect stats later on in the competition.
I'd say VAR could have some impact as well. All players have had pre-tournament briefs on VAR that even if the referee misses it, VAR is not going to. That would/should be in the back of their minds when going into a challenge.

2018 is from the 14 games played so far. The two interesting ones for 2018 are
  • No red cards. Best was 1 every 6 games in 2014. (VAR?)
  • 8 penalties so far. about 2.5 time the per game average form the past. (VAR?)
The numbers are average per game. Can’t find the fouls from 2002, 2006

View attachment 2084
Source: fifa.com, wikipedia.org

More penalties, as expected with VAR. I find it amazing how consistent fouls per game are, averaging 30 FPG between 3 different tournaments over 8 years!

Back