A&H

Interesting week of games

KAM

Level 4 Referee
Well this week for games hasn't been the greatest. Yes it's nice to have football back but there have been a few incidents to say the least, on the two games one a school fixture on Wednesday and the other one today. In the school fixture it was a quarter final game and the home team (white) and the away team (green), the white team had a corner then green cleared and white shot and was blocked then white tried to shoot but caught the green player total accident but to top it all off a green player started to push the white player and raised his hands to the white players throat and the white player pushed him in the face. Finally controlled the situation 3/4 mins later after telling both sets of players to step back and let me dal with the situation, called both players & captains and gave the culprits a right telling off went to send both off but the managers took them straight off and gave them another bollocking. Also in this game I had to over rule the greens linesman a few times, as I had a better view of what happened and they kept complaining and I went over to him when the while the keeper was retrieving the ball and was taking the micky and had a little conversation to say why I was doing it, he went on to say that he was also a qualified ref and kept asking why I was overruling him and not the other one. To top it off in this game 3 denied penos 2-1 Greens, 1 wasn't a peno and the other my view was blocked and the ball was pinged from one half of the pitch to the other and I tried to run fast up the pitch but only got up to the half way line when incident happened. After the game one player of greens approached me nicely asking about that certain decision while giving that explanation another green player came up clapping in my face and saying I ruined the game, so I told him nicely to go away and he came up with a stupid excuse that I told him to 'F Off' and he kept following me off the pitch towards my car and his team told to get back. Eventful aftermath !! Green players refused to shake my hand even their manager refused - didn't bother me one bit.

Now on to the adult game today it was eventful, the home team (orange) and away team (white) there was an altercation on a foul and a white player appeared to be kneeing the orange player in the face I was on the line and the ref came over to me and asked what I saw and I said I saw a little flick and a noise he saw a different part and we pieced it together and sent the white player off and the white players all blamed me and a named sub was sent off for dissent. All throughout the game it was a fierce game and one white player deliberately kicked the ball at me luckily I ducked but throughout I was targeted by the white team for every decision I made even allowing a goal they felt was offside and after the game only a few white players shook my hand and one forced me to shake grabbed my shoulder and then grabbed my hand and shook it and told me that I destroyed the game then the white team manager refused to shake my hand (Suarez Evra moment me being Suarez). During this game one of the orange players told me I was having a "F'ing Great Game" I didn't know what to say proberly best not to say anything.
After the game I had an indirect threat, our changing room connect to the away dressing room and they left the door open and they were moaning and I heard one of their players say that "they would get me and put my head in their car boot and close it hard on me". This along with most things that happened today is getting reported.
The home keeper looked so much like Owen Wilson from Marley & Me only thing that took my attention haha ;)

So not the best week after 6/7 weeks without football.

The Referee Store
Yes kam good on you for dealing with the adult game and you should not have to put a Report them

The ref for today is reporting it and he is also the referee appointment secretary and he feels that he should report it, I'll just leave it to him.
To be fair today's game was one of the hardest I've officiated in this season but me being me I will always carry on even through flu which I currently have. But cheers Craig

If i was you @KAM I would write a report on the computer and save it so you can remember the incidents, you never know, if there are some complications (ie. a hearing) you may be told to bring a report telling your side of events.

Well done though mate, don't let it get you down, sounds like you dealt with it well :D

If it is an incident you have seen, both you and the ref put in reports. The knee to be head incident I would definitely think needs your report also.

Get your heads together and make sure you are singing from the same song sheet.

Tricky day (week even) at the office. To use a quote from oddball film "fifth element": it doesn't rain every day. :)

If it is an incident you have seen, both you and the ref put in reports. The knee to be head incident I would definitely think needs your report also.

Get your heads together and make sure you are singing from the same song sheet.

just don't write exactly the same thing :0

I'm assuming that you were an appointed assistant and not a CAR on this occasion. Just musing over what you would do if referee said he wasn't going to report it...or if he said that he was going to report it and then didn't. I'm assuming, again, that you would send in a report regardless but not sure what the correct procedure is as i write this

a green player started to push the white player and raised his hands to the white players throat and the white player pushed him in the face. Finally controlled the situation 3/4 mins later after telling both sets of players to step back and let me deal with the situation, called both players & captains and gave the culprits a right telling off went to send both off but the managers took them straight off and gave them another bollocking.

while giving that explanation another green player came up clapping in my face and saying I ruined the game

Re your school game, what you've written suggests that you didn't send the two players off because the 'managers' took them off. If that's the case, then I think this was a mistake on your part. Schools have a discipline procedure in the same way that leagues affiliated with the f.a. do. Only difference being that reports go to the english schools f.a. rather than the county f.a. I have no idea how effective the e.s.f.a. are at following up on disciplinary issues but, if they don't know, they can't act.

As for the green player clapping in your face, on the pitch and i would have sent him off, off the pitch and i would be putting in a report.

Sounded like a very tough game to manage. I had a similar schools game earlier this season so i know where you're coming from

Re your school game, what you've written suggests that you didn't send the two players off because the 'managers' took them off. If that's the case, then I think this was a mistake on your part. Schools have a discipline procedure in the same way that leagues affiliated with the f.a. do. Only difference being that reports go to the english schools f.a. rather than the county f.a. I have no idea how effective the e.s.f.a. are at following up on disciplinary issues but, if they don't know, they can't act.

As for the green player clapping in your face, on the pitch and i would have sent him off, off the pitch and i would be putting in a report d

Sounded like a very tough game to manage. I had a similar schools game earlier this season so i know where you're coming from
How does sarcastic clapping warrant a Red? Surely a yellow for dissent...

So what you are all saying for the adult game I produce a misconduct report for red card and send that in, then for the incedent after I write down the happenings and if called (most likely) I can produced the evidence.
All ready have written both up.

How does sarcastic clapping warrant a Red? Surely a yellow for dissent...

dissent for what? it happened after the game was finished and he said that i'd ruined the game. unless i really did think that i'd ruined the game, i'd find his action and comment both insulting and offensive. red all the way

dissent for what? it happened after the game was finished and he said that i'd ruined the game. unless i really did think that i'd ruined the game, i'd find his action and comment both insulting and offensive. red all the way
I'm inclined to disagree...What would you send him off for? Not offensive and abusive language surely...?

I'm inclined to disagree...What would you send him off for? Not offensive and abusive language surely...?
insulting, offensive, take your choice, hatters

how would you sell a yellow for dissent?

good thing we don't have to agree :)

insulting, offensive, take your choice, hatters

how would you sell a yellow for dissent?

good thing we don't have to agree :)
A yellow for dissent would be easily sold as I'm pretty sure sarcastic clapping always comes under dissent - it's a challenge to your authority, but nothing more serious than that...As for the accompanying comment, I would find it really difficult to justify a red...

But that's just my opinion...

@haywain in theory yes you could send him off for the clapping (@hattersfan don't forget it is " Offensive, Insulting or Abusive language and/or gesture") but I think it would be harsh, definite yellow not a red in my opinion, but each to their own.

Back