A&H

Incorrect position when taking FK

Funny but.... happy to criticise but not willing to give an an answer. Not too different to when someone is needed to referee a game without a referee, there are those who volunteer and you get some of 'those' on the sideline...

The Referee Store
Even if defensive PA they are 10 yards from the area to take the kick but they take it just to get on with the game, it's about show of authority to tell them to take it back
Personally I think if you're insisting a FK is taking in the exact spot it happened to assert authority over the players, you're going about it wrong. It's not authority you want to command, it's respect. I feel it works better if you're able to gain the respect of the players, by making the right decisions, rather than having the attitude of stamping authority over everything.
For a FK, if it's in a defensive teams own half, I wouldn't be bothered over it being taken ~5 yards out of place, what advantage is that giving them? If it's in the opposition half I'd tighten up and within 30 yards of goal, I'd be ensuring it's taken from where it should be.

Personally I think if you're insisting a FK is taking in the exact spot it happened to assert authority over the players, you're going about it wrong. It's not authority you want to command, it's respect. I feel it works better if you're able to gain the respect of the players, by making the right decisions, rather than having the attitude of stamping authority over everything.
For a FK, if it's in a defensive teams own half, I wouldn't be bothered over it being taken ~5 yards out of place, what advantage is that giving them? If it's in the opposition half I'd tighten up and within 30 yards of goal, I'd be ensuring it's taken from where it should be.
Maybe you should have bothered reading/quoting the rest of my post !

Now if they take it back only 5 yards and you insist on 10 yards, you risk losing their acceptance of your authority by being pedantic.

Was thinking more trying to get an advantage from moving it forward, but I wouldn’t want to tell someone 3 times to move the ball back.

Either way would it be dissent or delaying?
I had a similar conversation with a group of new referees yesterday. If a player delays the restart and his team is winning, I take that as delaying a restart, primarily to increase their chances of the clock running down and they win. If a player delays the restart and his team is losing, I take that as an act of dissent, as his team gains no advantage through his actions. If a player does it while his team are drawing, you're going to need to look for more clues before deciding what action to take.

I always covered this in my pre-match, but if an assistant wanted the offside placement ball moving back it needed to go back at least 10 yards, and I would do the same if I had given a free kick unless in an attacking position. Nothing worse than seeing a referee saying the ball has to be moved then the player moves it about a circumference, it just looks incredibly fussy.

Back