A&H

Idiots ruining the game

colindotcom

I witnessed an under 18's game yesterday where the young ref gave a throw-in to the defensive team which was a marginal decision and the Away teams coach went absolutely mad at the ref calling him a F'ing disgrace, F'ing cheat, all in all about 30 seconds of profanity to his face whilst he tried to calm him down to no avail.
He sent the coach off and to his credit look very strong whilst doing it (but later telling me that he was fair shaking and worried!).
We need to get these idiots out of the game especially at youth level.

The Referee Store
Can't agree more. The language and abusiveness of some coaches more than players is absoloutley disgracefull.

Personnally, I have always been of the opinion that respect campaigns should be geared more towards managers and coaches. After all, they are the ones who do the managing and the coaching.

Ive noticed this an awful lot more. As I'm not actively refereeing at the moment, i regularly pop over to my local park to watch some games, and have noticed coaches/managers/any old herbert screaming blue murder at referees over nothing. One game recently, referee gave probably the most obvious throw in decision you're ever likely to see, cue the manager unleashing a barrage of abuse at the referee. Referee, did nothing about it though :(

Back