A&H

Idfk decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe cunningham

Was playing today and must of had one of the best refs all season.. Apart from one mysterious indirect free kick he gave. Someone on my team shouted to one of my team mates "leave it" (leave the ball to go out for a throw in) and the ref gave an indirect free kick? I've never heard of this before and would would never dream of giving it if I was reffing my self. Is this decision correct by law and If so why or was he making it up? :confused:

The Referee Store
You can give a yellow for USB if you believe that a shout of "leave it!" (or "Mine!" or something along those lines) has been done specificity with the intention of distracting an opponent. If the referee does believe this is the case, he can stop play to give the caution - and then an IFK is the correct restart from that point.

An IFK with no caution is definitely wrong, as is any action at all if the shout was genuinely from one teammate to another and no opponent was distracted. There's an argument that even accidentally distracting an opponent is OK as long as you're attempting to talk to a teammate, although almost impossible for the referee to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back