A&H

I think its Blackburn, cant tell. v Newcastle

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Not got a great link but 2nd goal looked offside. Would need to see it again

Cant recall seeing Blackburn for a few seasons, what has happened to their colours though? Am sure they were dark blue and white, tonight's strip is light blue and white. Maybe it changed years ago and I never noticed but am sure they were always a dark blue.

The Referee Store
Defender headed the ball to the Newcastle player who was in offside position.

Too bad, so sad.

Talk of offside for the Mags 3rd goal was clearly sour grapes. On the balance of probabilities, the AR is from Gosforth

No Nexit this week..... maybe next round!!!
Really poignant moment when the camera panned over to the AR's family in the stands. As they all had their fat bellies and tattoos out, it was impossible for onlookers to assess their native origin haha

The defender made a deliberate play on the ball by heading it. The ball went to an opponent who was in offside position, but because of the deliberate play, it was not an offside offence.

Ergo, too bad, so sad on the defender for giving up that chance (which ultimately led to a goal).

This is the 3rd goal. The OP is the second Goal. while 2nd goal is a matter of interpretation (I believe a good goal), the 3rd goal was definitely offside. He gained an advantage from being in an offside position. What happened to use of VAR in FA cup?

This is definitely one area of the offside rule that was drilled into us on the course. Before, I was under the impression that any rebound from a player resulted in the attacking player not being offside. Our RDO for our callback exam went through some useful situations he found himself in where a player gained an advantage from an offside position.

Reactions: one
Talk of offside for the Mags 3rd goal was clearly sour grapes. On the balance of probabilities, the AR is from Gosforth

Have to say our 3rd goal looked to be offside. Not complaining though. The AR is actually from Gretna. ;)

The defender made a deliberate play on the ball by heading it. The ball went to an opponent who was in offside position, but because of the deliberate play, it was not an offside offence.

Ergo, too bad, so sad on the defender for giving up that chance (which ultimately led to a goal).
Sorry, I thought your were taking about Newcastle's third, which was offside and I was so confused looking for a header...

Back