A&H

How to get games?

Delta

Hi, my son (15) has just completed the ref course so he’s a level T. He’s keen to get his 5 games in. How does he go about finding them?! I’m not entirely sure - the email that was sent out after his training isn’t very clear. He plays for a local team so I’m thinking he can reach out to them and possibly others? He’s limited to where the matches are (will have to be local) and obviously can only do U14 - but has been advised to start of with younger ages first. We’re just not sure how to actually get the matches or do we have to register with the clubs? Thanks in advance.

A&H International
Hi, my son (15) has just completed the ref course so he’s a level T. He’s keen to get his 5 games in. How does he go about finding them?! I’m not entirely sure - the email that was sent out after his training isn’t very clear. He plays for a local team so I’m thinking he can reach out to them and possibly others? He’s limited to where the matches are (will have to be local) and obviously can only do U14 - but has been advised to start of with younger ages first. We’re just not sure how to actually get the matches or do we have to register with the clubs? Thanks in advance.
Depending on what cfa the email will have a league allocated to him but if it does ir does not either way he has to reach out to the league referee secretary to register. If i was you i would ask the coach for the secretary’s email and ask them to register

The two county FAs (CFAs) around me (Hants & Wilts) have a list of leagues and ref secs that they distribute to registered referees following the course, at the start of the season and/or on request. If you don't have the contact details for the CFA to request the list they should be on their website under the referee section. Also worth considering signing up to YesRef, as quite a few youth games get added on there.

What area? Loads of us on here, bound to be someone who can point your nipper towards the right people.

He should contact the Referee Appointments Secretary of the youth league(s) in your area to introduce himself and advise which dates he is available during September and October initially. Details should be on the County FA website, and on the League website.

Back