A&H

HOW TO GET A CUP FINAL

Ryank2001

Level 7 Referee
Hi

Ive recently just became a cat 7 ref. And done 8 games so far in a month I'm really enjoying it and looking to progress haven't missed a single association training once. This weekend ive got a regional cup quarter final but I want the final how can I make sure I get the best possible chance of being appointed.

Thanks

Good luck in 2018

The Referee Store
Just perform consistently well throughout the season. After so few games though, I wouldn't get your hopes up as you are still quite new to refereeing and still finding your feet, so to speak

Depends on league / county. The league I reffed on before supply league was performance based and the rop referees in the club merit tables are awarded the finals. Based on what i have read on here some counties / leagues select their favourites. So its either work hard or kiss :asshat:.

Outside of England I cant comment on what the procedures are

A lot of league cup finals are played in an evening in late April / early may. Decisions on the match officials can be made on availability as much as who is worthy!

The date tends to be decided to align with the league and clubs needs, the match officials are decided later.

The easiest way not to be appointed - play mid-week cricket or go on holiday

As per JamesL post it will vary from League to League and possibly county to county.

In my county the county cup finals are awarded to those who have been successful in the promotion scheme that season.

League final can either be for the best, or simply the ref secs favourite.

As well as being the best ref you can be also make sure you keep on top of your admin.

Make sure you confirm fixtures and provide your availability within whatever timeframes your competition rules dictate, turning up for games on time, replying to emails.

All these little things that don’t immediately seem that important can play a part. You could be the best ref in the league but if the ref sec has to constantly chase you for closed dates and clubs are chasing you to confirm fixtures etc then you won’t be at the top of the list when finals come around.

Club marks!

Protect them at all cost.....find every excuse to ‘manage’ out even then most blatant of cards....in the unfortunate event that you do have to card somebody, consider forgetting to send it in if they are going to mark you high for it.....basically become the players best mate sacrificing any integrity or semblance of applying the LOTG correctly.

Guaranteed at least one final appointment because of your outstanding club marks and positive feedback from teams.

;)

:rolleyes:

Back