A&H

Junior/Youth How much should I get paid for a U9 game?

Dino Ref

Hi guys,

I'm a little stuck right now as I've accepted an U9 game despite not doing one before and the manager has asked me how much I need to be paid (including travel). I've been reffing for 2 years and have never once asked for or been given travel expenses and as I've never done a U9 game before I honestly have no idea how much I should get paid.

Distance is 3.1 miles if you think I should ask for expenses but if not I still honestly have no idea how much to ask for.

The Referee Store
I’ve done one u9 game before charged £6.00 per team as match rate and then however much for petrol

U9s would be 25 mins each way in my part of the world and the fee would be £20. I think that would be fair; forget expenses.

I charge £15 per game, no expenses. In line with our leagues fee's
As per @Ref253 you need to look at their normal league match fees and go from there.
This is what you need to do. You need to find out from the competition in which they usually play, how much referees usually get paid for their games. You should charge the same fee. If there are travel expenses due to be paid, I would waive them as a gesture of goodwill.

Back