A&H

Hi guys

Dan thompson

Grassroots Referee
Just wanted to know, what flags do you use
I have the Touchline non buzzer flags and the buzzer one .
Just wanted to know
Dan

A&H International
Touchlines (both types). They’re brilliant.

Have some shocking Amazon flags for club ARs.

I use Savi's CONCACAF flags. They're great quality, heavier weight with a thicker handle. Not beepers, but I don't need those since we use comms on any game where I might want the assistance of beepers.

I use Savi's CONCACAF flags. They're great quality, heavier weight with a thicker handle. Not beepers, but I don't need those since we use comms on any game where I might want the assistance of beepers.
What if the Comms fail?

So what do we need Comms for then people? 😏
I totally agree we can divert to shouting, which we do when out buzzers fail... My point being that I dont use buzzers because I have Comms, buzzers are a good fallback when the Comms fail and having Comms doesnt negate the value of buzzers in the event of Comms failure.

So what do we need Comms for then people? 😏
I totally agree we can divert to shouting, which we do when out buzzers fail... My point being that I dont use buzzers because I have Comms, buzzers are a good fallback when the Comms fail and having Comms doesnt negate the value of buzzers in the event of Comms failure.
Of course you're right that a beeper flag can provide a useful alternative when comms fail. My issue that, relative to the price of beeper flags, the usefulness of that alternative is not enough. When we secured comms, we determined that comms were far more useful and valuable than a replacement for our now-defunct beeper flags; we had the discussion about whether or not we should also replace the beeper flags and we determined that the extra CA$800 could be better allocated elsewhere and that, should the comms fail, we still had a perfectly serviceable way to officiate. I don't think anyone who's being honest will say that going without the aid of electronics is better than having the aid; but I would say that if you're dealing with limited resources, pick the comms and use normal flags. If the comms fail, do it the old way.

Back