A&H

Hello! Few questions and suggestions

IvicaC231

MODERATOR NOTE (Tealeaf): This post has been edited to remove personal information, potentially of use to scammers and fraudsters. Please exercise care when posting such information in future. I'm looking out for you all!

Hello everyone, and especially all football referees who read this forum. Allow me to introduce myself. (P.S .: Excuse me in my English which is not exactly something, so there are spelling and other errors.)

My name is Ivica and I come from Croatia, from around Zagreb. I have a few questions for you who are either starting to referring soccer matches both young and old or already on international lists. I hope you take a few minutes to answer my questions and recommend some of your tips and give some suggestions.

First of all, is it better to be the first or assistant referee and why?
This is what I ask because of the fact that the Croatian Football Association has recently introduced a rule in the Croatian Football Association for the ranking of soccer players in the groups: intern, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and first group. Also, here in Croatia we have and the four county senior league and yet there are and, juniors, pioneers, cadets, U8-U10 categories that are mostly played on Saturdays and Sundays. Of course, the judges each half-season (spring and summer) have verification of faculty (FIFA tests) and knowledge of the rules of football.

Second, what should be on the equipment and how you can save money?
What watch is the best (I've heard some SPINTSO), also whistle FOX40 (though I would buy with fingergrip) Cards or where to find boots and other equipment (npr.Nike kit)? Which sites are good for the purchase of equipment and the right to buy more of the older judges?

Third, how long before the kick-off is taken, the referee must come to the stadium?
What is the procedure for getting to the stadium, the official meetings before and after the match, what should be said to the players and the judges himself, and is there any document or example that should look like this?

Fourthly, how does the odd side of the ball start to kick off? First I show the host coin so he chooses the ball and the defeated voter side or how?

Fifth, is there any record of punches or shooters, and public remarks here I mean yellow and red cards) as well as replacement? I found something but I do not know the sign would have been good on the photo paper because I do not want it to break in the rain, so it does refuse water?

Sixth, what after the match? Who pays judges and who covers travel expenses? When is it coming out of the stadium?

Seventh, how to prepare for matches, but also seminars and signatures (if anyone has much to help me) literature or examples of what to do?

Eighth, how to get an international list and what are the rules for that?

If anyone has any documents, literature I could recommend about training, preparation for the match, trial analysis, before and after the matches, movement and positioning during the match, referee note (both yellow and red cards, player changes, and players who can score goals) can freely tell me or make a recommendation.

Thank you for your understanding and if there are any other questions I can tell you!

Everything good, Ivica!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What I'm looking for is following this message (pdf or docs please, not a picture)

https://www.refereeworld.com/en/shop/referee-accessories/write-cards-footballsoccer/
or this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Football-S...eet-Pad-Record-Score-Card-Cards-X50/928517336

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
First or assistant - do both. Yon only have to specialize after several promotions. Both take a few years to learn.
Cheap equipment = casio watch and fox 40. Serious equipment = Spinsto and Valkeen. Only buy the kit/boots that your local colleagues wear. Ask what colour/s and ask long/short sleeves from local colleagues.
Time before the match - varies the higher you go. Ask.
Kick off. Away side chooses coin side. Winner chooses end. Loser kicks off.
Ref cards - you found at referee world - or try B&K - or use painter's tape on the back of your yellow card.
How to prepare - Google, read, ask colleagues.
International list - do some games first!

First or assistant - do both. Yon only have to specialize after several promotions. Both take a few years to learn.
Cheap equipment = casio watch and fox 40. Serious equipment = Spinsto and Valkeen. Only buy the kit/boots that your local colleagues wear. Ask what colour/s and ask long/short sleeves from local colleagues.
Time before the match - varies the higher you go. Ask.
Kick off. Away side chooses coin side. Winner chooses end. Loser kicks off.
Ref cards - you found at referee world - or try B&K - or use painter's tape on the back of your yellow card.
How to prepare - Google, read, ask colleagues.
International list - do some games first!

Nice, concise and short! That's the Scandinavian precision and efficiency hahaha ;) obviously you've spent too much time around them Finns santa :p

Back