A&H

Hearts v Celtic - Different subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Both GKs wearing all yellow!

This one debunks all the previous theories

4 top officials can't be wrong; GKs never in oppo pen area, lack of choice, doesn't matter because no one commented on it etc etc etc

For the life of me, can't understand how they can allow that - ridiculous

The Referee Store
I’d suggest you re-read p56 as it covers it.

Whether it should happen given the number of colours and kits at professional clubs is a different story.

I’d suggest you re-read p56 as it covers it.

Whether it should happen given the number of colours and kits at professional clubs is a different story.

Well that page is about penalty shoot outs on my copy!;)

However page 69 says that IF neither GK has another coloured shirt they are allowed to wear same kit - this is Scottish PL - they only had one colour GK kit in the ground?????? Really???????

I saw the topic name and i was like, "hello". :(

Ok, here goes...Hearts have 2 registered gk tops this season, very very alike, one yellow, one green.

Celtic, have the yellow, then a pink/salmon, too close to Hearts maroon, or, black, and as probably been said million times on here, weighing up chances of ref being in box or opposition keeper...

Suppose in the perfect world, ref would have went in blue with celtic gk in black but....nothing is perfect.

no issues arose. Ask risk of causing a war.....why are we trying to create one?

I saw the topic name and i was like, "hello". :(

Ok, here goes...Hearts have 2 registered gk tops this season, very very alike, one yellow, one green.

Celtic, have the yellow, then a pink/salmon, too close to Hearts maroon, or, black, and as probably been said million times on here, weighing up chances of ref being in box or opposition keeper...

Suppose in the perfect world, ref would have went in blue with celtic gk in black but....nothing is perfect.

no issues arose. Ask risk of causing a war.....why are we trying to create one?

I DO get the point about GK v Ref kit but oppo GKs go up for corners quite regularly - happened in PL last week for example. So surely would have better for Celtic GK to go black - as we know that clash - GK v ref - happens every week in the English PL!

Pink is close to maroon? - have you been to the opticians lately?;)

Finally its not about 'causing a war' - if that's the criteria, why worry about wristbands, different coloured sock tape, under garments etc

As we've 'discussed' before on here, its difficult to justify ignoring some laws because we think they don't matter but zealously enforcing others?

Nothing to do with "me" going to opticians, I was not responsible for choosing the colours ! Can only think the officials decreed it too close, or, as prob happened, they saw no issue with the way it panned out.

Attachments

• celtic-214375.jpg
    celtic-214375.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
  • heartofmidlothian_hometopshortsleeve_1497365858hometopfront.jpg
    heartofmidlothian_hometopshortsleeve_1497365858hometopfront.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
Nothing to do with "me" going to opticians, I was not responsible for choosing the colours ! Can only think the officials decreed it too close, or, as prob happened, they saw no issue with the way it panned out.

As you clearly illustrate (Thanks), there is no clash there - much better than both GKS wearing the same surely? An odd decision I thought - as I said Celtic GK in black would have been better as well.

Am going to be really obtuse. If we are splitting hairs, Celtics gk top is green. Hearts is yellow. In a court of law, they are different colours
And yip I get that they look the same, I just looked back on the clip as the teams emerge from the tunnel
Problem (of which there was not one) solved....both keepers were not in yellow

Am going to be really obtuse. If we are splitting hairs, Celtics gk top is green. Hearts is yellow. In a court of law, they are different colours
And yip I get that they look the same, I just looked back on the clip as the teams emerge from the tunnel
Problem (of which there was not one) solved....both keepers were not in yellow

I raise your obtuse to a new level - in 'court of law' AND LOTG colours don't have to be different but S
Problem (of which there was not one) solved....both keepers were not in yellow[/

I raise your obtuse to a new level - in 'court of law' AND LOTG colours don't have to be different but S

I'm going for a new level of obtuse!;) In 'court of law' or as we call it - LOTG - colours don't have to be different but DO have to 'clearly distinguish' etc etc

That stops 1 team turning up in 'scarlet' while the others have 'red' - 'But we're different colours ref'!' Sooooo I'm still getting them changed!

This has deteriorated into playschool. The tops are different colours and were distinguished enough that no problems arose

This referee team received praise for their handling of the game (despite one yellow card missed and one clear offside called wrong) and not one person went away from the game talking about the officials in a negative way, yet it seems they might as well have stayed in the house and retire back to school football for the new year, goals given which should not be, colour clashes, football at that level is all about the match control and managing the bigger picture. Which they did. We, and I include myself, cannot compare Hearts v Celtic beemed round the world, to our pub game. Same rules/laws. But different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back